Lyla Rose
Emilys Super Hypnobirthing story

We welcomed Lyla Rose to the world on Monday 24/10 weighing 3.74kg.

I went into labour at 41 weeks and 1 day at 6.30am and by this stage I was already 6 minutes apart.  Only a few hours later they had gotten down to 2-3 minutes apart and I was starting to losing myself.

I had an appointment at 11:00am with the midwives anyway so I went along and found out I was only 2cm dialated. I didn’t allow this to break me, I new I needed to re-evaluate and quickly worked out it was going to be a long day and I needed to calm myself

I turned everything off, diffuser, playlists, TENS machine. to allow myself to think and reasses my head space and jumped in the bath. This is where I stayed until we left for the hospital, I felt completely calm here, drifting in and out of what felt like a light sleep.

At 2:50ish my waters broke in the bath, but due to being in a very calm headspace, I struggled to verbally tell Joel my waters had broke. It took 2-3 contractions before I was able to tell him.

At this point I started to experience some light pressure in my rectum and we called the hospital to let them know we were coming. It took an hour and half to get to the hospital that is only a few minutes away. I was completely gone by this point in my own world and all I kept repeating was “i am soft” I said nothing else in this time. I felt as if I was tensing everything, but apparently I wasn’t.

We made it to the hospital Car park and took me a little bit to get inside, where I had a massive surge in the outpatients waiting room.

I was walked straight to an examination room. when we got in there within minutes I let out an involuntary moan, and flopped onto Joel forcing him to hold all my weight. As soon as the surge was over I had an urge to feel between my legs. I gently said “I can feel something” which turned out to be her little head. And within moments I had the urge to push and I directed all this energy down to her and the rest of her was born, being caught by the midwife whilst pressing the emergency button.

the midwife continually said after how calm I was, how in control and that all I was saying was “i am soft”

My records say I pushed for 2 minutes and I’ve taken the prize for first mum to ever birth in the outpatient clinic in Mount Barker.

mid you’d like to to know more